300g chicken drumstick with thigh, no skin with bones, cook a soup to give good flavour to the sauce. Boil water, just to cover chicken or little more. Once boiled, add chicken and vegetables, a piece of leek, carotte and celeri and a little piece of ginger, salt pepper, cook for about 30 minutes. Then shredd the chicken. If you have that soup left, you can refrigerate it for other recipes. This recipe certainly you can use to make a nice chicken noodle soup!
½ cup soup
1TBS lemon juice
½ TBS chili powder or paprika powder if you do not like spicy
1 white oignon, chopped
1 garlic chopped
½ tsp little piece of ginger chopped
1 to 2 TBS of Garam Masala powder, depending on taste, if you add too much, then add more soup.
½ cup soup (1 cup in Germany is about 100g or 250ml in liquids)
¼ cup natural yoghurt (preferance from greece)
½ cup cream
¼ cup whipped cream to refine sauce
salt, pepper to taste
2 TBS butter
1. once the chicken is shredded marinate for 1 hour with lemon, chili powder, salt, pepper.
2. after one hour, add butter in pan, add oignon, garlic and ginger.
3. when the beautiful smell from those ingredients come out, then add chicken.
4. then add tomato sauce and your soup.
5. add all spices and once boiled, add yoghurt lower heat into low medium heat and cook for 20 minutes.
6. then slowly add the cream and finally the whipped cream. You can decorate with parsley.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour
Portion size: 3 adults
Typ: you can eat with rice the next day. The sauce will be more concentrated, so you may add another ¼ cup of soup and like less than ¼ cup of yoghurt. The kids loved it!
200g flour or 2 cups flour (Typ 505) Germany has different numbers on the flour, none of them are raising flour. The higher the Typ number is, the higher content of gluten in the flour.
20 g fresh yeast
1 tsp sugar
140ml lukewarm water
1 TBS Zoghurt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1. yeast with sugar and water, mix and let it rest for 10 minutes, you will see little bubbles.
2. add the solid mix well in another bowl, then make a hole in the middle and add the yoghurt, butter and 1,
3. knead the dough, over and over, let it rest 1,5 hours in the refrigerator, cover with saran wrap.
4. then after 1,5 hours, knead the dough for another 2 minutes and let it rest for another 10 min.
5. cut the dough in 7 pieces and with a rolling pin form the naan to 1 cm or thinner.
6. make little holes with fork, so it bakes nicely.
8. in the oven, highest heat for 3 minutes, then turn around another 1 to 2 minutes. Longer is okay, but your naans may get harder.
|Oven for 5 minutes, that was long, I would do for 3 to 4 minutes, turn over and 1 minute|
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total resting time: 1hour and 20 minutes
Portion size: 7 pieces
Typ: Enjoy your Naan with the sauce!