MESSAGE:Some of my swiss friends asked me if I was putting apples or the veggies in the fondue and my answer is NO. I learned this from a swiss friend from St. Moritz to eat those on the side. You only put bread in the fondue. Sorry for the misundertanding.
This beloved winter dish, Swiss Cheese Fondue. After skiing or enjoying with good friends and family, Fondue is always eating good and having fun. It is very easy and quick!
500g Gruyère cheese, grated
250g Emmentaler cheese, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup dry white wine
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. kirschwasser
salt pepper, nutmeg
Bread, usually white or ciabbata is also ok.
1. add garlic in white wine and cook, when bubbles show up
2. immediately add the cheese, mix with wooden spoon.
|Mix, melt cheese and add the melted cornstarch!|
3. when cheese is melted, melt cornstarch in kirschwasser and add to the cheese.
4. add cornstarch, kirchwasser, mix and add salt, pepper, nutmeg ( just a little)
5. transfer the fondue to your cheese fondue pot.
6. cut bread in little cubes.
Prepartion time: 20 minutes.
Cooking time: 10 minutes.
Typ: you can eat with veggies, like paprika, cauliflower, carottes, celeries, also some fruits like apples. Good for the kids. Drink with white wine or cup of hot tea. Swiss believe that is better to avoid cold drinks, because you can have trouble with your stomach.