This is a traditional side dish from Tunisia. The recipe is from a person who works here in Emden and this is how he prepares his Tajine. Not to be confused with Tagine from Morocco, where they prepare some type of meat with some fruits like plum, ananas or even some vegetables with some lemons in a special conical clay pot. Tajine from Tunisia is basically some type of meat that you brown in oil first with some onions and you flavor with a spice that is enjoyed in that region, could be cumin, ground ginger, turmeric and some others. Then you add battled eggs and cheese. This is a sort of baked omelette. My first voyage to Tunisia through my kitchen…
300g chicken filet, cut little pieces
1 small white onion, chopped
1 tsp curcuma
1 tsp cumin
1 TBSP parsley, chopped
1. make paste with olive oil, curcuma, cumin, salt, pepper and add this to chicken.
2. brown chicken in olive oil with onions. The let meat cool.
3. add parley into battled eggs, then add this to meat, mix.
4. in a baking dish, add all then on top spread with shredded cheese.
5. bake for 20 minutes, 220C
|Ready, then you cut in squares.|
Preparation time: 20 minutes.
Baking time: 20 minutes.
This became our light dinner for us. My kids and my husband loved this. Healthy with plenty of proteins.
Enjoy your meal!