Lunitas (shaped like little moons), Mexican wedding cookies (from a well known pastry store, Freed’s bakery), Russian cookies, I believe they all share if not the same, a similar recipe.
Lots of butter and powder sugar, usually with pecan nuts.
I made these cookies for an event here in Emden and people loved it.
½ cup butter
⅛ cup powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp water
1 cup flour
½ pecan nuts, chopped
1. cream butter and powder sugar
2. add vanilla, water and flour, mix
3. add pecan nuts
4. form your cookies with a tea spoon.
5. bake for 160C for 20 minutes.
6. once baked sprinkle cookies with powder sugar, while hot. When they are cool, then roll cookies in powdered sugar.
|Step 2 and 3|
|Step 5 and 6|
|You can roll cookies all together, but I like to roll them one by one|
|This is it ♪|
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Share this sweet cookies with your friends and family ♪