This cheesecake is very light and has no crust on the bottom. Instead of using cream cheese, I used quark and mascarpone cheese. To make the cake thicker, there are eggs and vanilla pudding in it. My husband liked it warm, out of the oven, I liked it better the next day, when the cake had the opportunity to rest in the refrigerator overnight. The kids love this. A very light and healthy recipe from Germany.
You can find Quark (227g for about 5US at Whole Foods) You cannot replace this with ricotta cheese, some sites will tell you is the same, it is not! If you do not want to spend for quark, you can make your own out of Greek yoghurt. Place the yoghurt in cheese cloth for 3 days in the refrigerator until the entire liquid is out of the yoghurt. That is quark. There are other complicated methods to make it. This is the simplest one and from my friend from Germany who lives years in the United States.
In a cake form of 22cm
230g mascarpone cheese
1 package vanilla pudding
2 TBSP bread crumbs
1. separate the eggs. Mix yolks, butter, sugar and vanilla until cream.
2. add cornstarch and mascarpone cheese and mix.
3. add quark, vanilla pudding and mix.
4. whisk egg whites until snow and add to the mix.
5. place parchment paper on the bottom of cake form. Butter the form and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
6. add mix to form and place into pre-heated oven at 320F for 1 hour.
7. the cake will get flat after you take out of the oven, it is okay.
Sehr lecker und geniessen Sie den Kuchen.
Susana @ Delicioso y Divertido.