Marble cake is simply a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. When you have the dough ready, you take about 1/3 of the dough and you add dark cocoa powder and little powder sugar and you mix, then in the cake form, you put the chocolate dough in the middle, like this: spread vanilla dough first, then the chocolate dough and finally spread with vanilla dough on top and bake it. This cake is very popular in Europe, so far I know, in the Germanic countries.
200g butter, at room temperature
6 egg yolks
6 egg whites
2 tsp. baking powder
2 TBSP Greek yoghurt or natural yoghurt
1,5 tsp dark cocoa powder
1 tsp powdered sugar
1. make a cream with butter, sugar.
2. add vanilla and the egg yolks, mix, add salt.
3. add flour with baking powder, little by little, mix, make the dough.
4. beat the egg whites until stiff, then add to #3 and add the yoghurt.
5. once the dough is ready, then take out into another bowl 1/3 then mix with dark cocoa powder and powdered sugar. You can add a little milk, if the dough gets too dry.
6. put half of the vanilla dough in the buttered caked form, then the all chocolate dough, and finally the rest of the dough.
7. with a knife, make small movements into the dough.
8. make it at 350F for 45 minutes.
9. let it rest and powder with powdered sugar.
So einfach und lecker.
Susana @ Delicioso y Divertido.