This is an inspiration from Whole Foods Market. I asked the chefs at the Deli, how they bind the burgers when there is no eggs. The answer was: The bread crumbs and the oil and once they are out of the oven, they wait until the burgers cooled down. I love those burgers, though the taste is perfect, it is a little salty for me, so I made my own burgers and this is what I came with:
2 Portobello mushrooms
4 Knäckebrot (the once I used are from IKEA), but you find them at Publix
2 cup fresh spinach
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup sunflowerseeds
1 tsp Worchestershiresauce
1/6 or less Parmesan cheese
1/6 cup wheat germ
1/2 tsp cold water
1. chop the Knäckebrot with Food chopper, set aside.
2. chop fresh spinach, almonds, sunflowerseeds, garlic and add olive oil, set aside.
3. chop Portobello mushrooms add little olive oil, set aside.
4. in a bowl, mix #1 #2 #3 and add the egg, and all other ingredients, mix.
5. form the burgers, brown in a pan.
6. before serving, broil for 1 minute, watch that they do not burn.
Hope you like it.
Susana @ Delicioso y Divertido
Step by step pictures at my Facebook page: Delicioso y Divertido.