I like to bake muffins for Easter and for some reason I always choose Marzipan for the main flavor.
If you cannot find the German Marzipan, you can buy it at Whole Foods and this tastes very nice.
After your muffins are cool and ready, make a glaze with powdered sugar and place some m&m chocolates on top, like in the picture. The kids love them.
1 butter stick (120g) at room temperature
100g Marzipan at room temperature
1/2 tsp almond oil
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup almond flour
2 TBSP Greek yoghurt
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. mix butter with marzipan, until they are blended together, then add eggs, almond oil, vanilla. Mix.
2. slowly add sugar, salt. Mix.
3. add almond flour. Mix.
4. add yoghurt. Mix.
5. slowly add and mix flour with baking powder.
6. add 1 TBSP of the dough to the muffins baking cups.
7. bake at 300F for 20 minutes.
8. prepare your glaze with powdered sugar and decorate your muffins.
Susana @ Delicioso y Divertido