Streuseln means to sprinkle in German. The dough is a simple crumble and I chose apple for the filling. When you want something sweet, quick and easy to make for your friends and family, this is a perfect recipe. You can bake in a baking dish, in a rectangular, circular or square one, does not matter.
You start boiling the apple with the ingredients mentioned below, this takes about 3 minutes, then you set aside. The crumbles are mixed quick, do not kneed to long, you do not want a chewy dough, you want like a wet sand (when you go to the beach and you take a full hand of dry sand and you put little water in it…) I sometimes prefer to eat Streusel than a cake, it has less amount of dough, cake and more fruit, this is only my preference. Here are the ingredients:
(I made a mini Streusel, with a 8″ pie or tarteform)
2 apples, I used Pink Lady
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp almond essence
1 tsp cornstarch
little over 1/2 cup of cold water
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
little wheat germ (optional)
1. start by peeling and cutting apples in cube, then mix all ingredients, bring to boil for about 1 minute and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
2. mix all the ingredients for the crust, until you have crumbles.
3. butter your form, sprinkle with some of the crumbles.
4. on top place the all filling.
5. sprinkle with crumbles or streusel until apples are covered.
6. bake it for 350F for about 45 minutes.
7. let it cool for about 10 minutes and serve.
Susana @ Delicioso y Divertido