A classic recipe from Russia, sauteed beef with mushrooms and a sour cream base sauce. In old times, they used to even add pickled cucumber with dill in the recipe. I think the sour cream gives the dish a special sourness to it. Some countries serve this over rice or noodles. Some recipes have tomato paste to it, to neutralize the sourness. Here are the ingredients:
400g beef tenderloin
1/4 piece of green bell pepper cut in cubes
1 big Italian mushroom, cut in pieces
1/2 cup vegetable broth
2 TBSP sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. cornstarch in little cold water (add quantity necessary at the end, before serving)
1/4 cup red wine
1. beef marinated in little red wine, sprinkle little Kosher salt. Refrigerate this for about 30 minutes.
2. in olive oil sautée beef, then add red wine to deglace.
3. add bell pepper, mix.
4. add mushrooms, mix.
5. add vegetable broth, mix.
6. add sour cream, mix, without bringing this to boil, immediately add cream, salt, pepper, cornstarch.
7. sprinkle with dill, serve immediately.
Susana @ Delicioso y Divertido