I must admit that I love cream sauces, but this I add only at the end. For all my sauces I always have my vegetable soup on the side (in boiling water, I add leak, carrot, celery, turnip, salt, pepper and let cook for about 30 minutes), that soup gives my sauces the special flavor.
After the soup is ready, cook your tortellini (in a different pot, certainly). When all is ready, then this is what you need:
200 g Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
30g white onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 TBSP butter
1 TBSP white wine
3 cups soup
1/4 cup cream
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in cold water and add this little by little only at the end.
1. melt butter, caramelize white onion and garlic.
2. add mushrooms, sautee. Add wine, sautee.
3. add soup, let it simmer for about 1 or 2 minutes.
4. add cream, porcini salt, salt, pepper.
5. add cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
6. fresh parsley and serve.
Susana @ Delicioso y Divertido